What causes peripheral neuropathy while on Clonidine and Ambien?

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist

Posted on Thu, 3 Aug 2017 in Smoking and Alcohol Addiction
Question: Aloha,
So here is the honest truth: I am an opiate addict. I also have peripheral nueropathy. I want to take a break from opiates, I have xanax 10× 2mg bars, Clonidine 20× 0.1mg pills, Ambien 20× 10mg pills and Lyrica 100mg capsules. What will best help me rest and relax during my break from opiates? Thank you
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Clonidine and xanax

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

For the opioid withdrawal symptoms clonidine will be the best option as it is the only non opioid medication which suppresses the opioid withdrawal symptoms. Although dose varies from person to person but with normal blood pressure 50 microgram thrice a day may be sufficient.

For the sleep related and restless related issues xanax can be used on need basis.

Lyrica have also some role in opioid withdrawal pain symptoms and can be tried if the clonidine fails to achieve substantial relief. The lyrics have role in peripheral neuropathy and this again indicates that it can be used in your case.

I hope this helps you.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
In future, if you wish to ask any more questions, you can use the below-mentioned link to contact me.

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-ashok-kumar/67386

Thanks and regards.
Follow up: Dr. Ashok Kumar 11 minutes later
Thank you! so I should break the clonidine in half? it is 0.1mg). Also, can lyrica and xanax be taken at the same time? and how much of each? thank you
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Follow up

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for follow up.

Yes you need to break the clonidine in half.

Both lyrica and xanax can be used together in prescription dosages and overdosing should be avoided as both of them are central nervous system depressant.

I generally use 75 mg of lyrics once a day to start and dose of xanax can vary between 0.25 mg to 2 mg per day.

I also recommend you to talk to a local doctor before commencing self treatment.

I hope this assists you further.
Thanks and regards.