What causes periodic wavy vision?

Posted on Fri, 3 Feb 2017 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: What could cause periodic wavy vision? Also middle vision is blocked. Usually does not last long.
Answered by Dr. Rajaram KG 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
You need to be investigated

Detailed Answer:
Hello, Thank you for posting your question on HealthcareMagic.
The periodic wavy vision which you are having needs to be investigated further, either it could be due to local problem in your eye .
Could be swelling of the iris or retina or even retinal detachment. Please see an ophthalmologist to rule out all the above possibilities.
Do you have any proles in the ear like do you hear any sound?or any dizziness.As the symptoms could be due to Meinere's disease also.
If everything is okay I would recommend CT scan of the brain to rule out any brain lesions .
Hope this helps
Best wishes
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Dr. Rajaram KG

Orthopaedic Surgeon