What causes perineum discomfort when diagnosed with diverticulitis?
I would like to add I also have urinary frequency and a slow stream. No painful urination or blood just a slow stream.
I forgot to add I have also been checked by my OB-GYN and had an ultrasound and nothing was found.
Need more info
Thanks for the query
I understand your concern, however in order to help you I need a few more details
1. how long have you been on antibiotics ? and when was it stopped
2. what other things ever advised apart from antibiotics ?
3. are you passing hard stools or normal stools ?
in regards to your stream of urine
1. do you have burning micuturarion?
2. do you feel that you have voided inadequately after passing urine ?
3. how much water do you drink per day?
Please get back to me , I am awaiting your reply
My stools are normal for me. I go between formed stool and loose.
No I do not have any burning in my urine. I have had bladder infections in the past so I know what that feels like. My stream is slow for me and sometimes when emptying my bladder I have to push the last bit out. I drink plenty of water. I have a water bottle going all day. I would say 64 oz if not more.
The pressure I feel is a dull ache not like normal pain. I feel it more in my vagina rather than my rectum. Like I stated before it is very uncomfortable when driving even for an hour. When I am home it is a little bit there but not as severe as when I am sitting for long periods of time.
This is very frustrating because overall I am very healthy .
Thanks so much
Thanks for getting back to me with the details. I am sorry for the short delay in my reply, I was on call at my hospital and just got back.
The symptoms that you are facing is non specific, it is important that you undergo evaluation once again. However the normal course of a patient with diverticulitis is also long and prolonged.
Here is what I suggest
1. Continue to take flagel for the prescribed period of time
2. Get a urine routine done to look for infection, increased frequency of urination is often associated with UTI
3. Learn perineal exercises to strengthen the muscles
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Does diverticulitis cause wind
- Does ephedrine causing diverticulitis
- What bacteria causes diverticulitis
- Can diverticulitis cause bloating?
- Can mold cause diverticulitis
- Diverticulitis infection causes
- Mold spores cause diverticulitis
- Diverticulitis causes
- Can clarithromycin cause diverticulitis?
- Can diverticulitis cause appendicitis