What causes perineal pain?
Cellulitis - needs early causative diagnosis and proper treatment.
Thanks for your query.
To recapitulate: Young male / 27 - some discomfort on the left side of the perineum - can feel some swollen veins between anus and scrotum - tender.
The causes of such an appearance are:
- Local skin problems like an infected boil.
- Peri-anal cellulitis and may turn into an abscess.
- Fistula in ano also can present like this.
I would advise you the following in such a condition:
- To consult your Doctor and preferably a General Surgeon (He is the one well trained for such problems) for clinical evaluation, actual physical examinations, investigations and proper treatment.
- By this means a proper diagnosis is gotten as early as possible and hence the most proper treatment can be instituted at the earliest.
I hope this answer helps you, please feel free to ask for further relevant queries or if you feel that there is a gap-of-communication.
There are a few details i forgot to mention. I feel dull ache/discomfort on perineum specially during erections, bloated intestines and after weightlifting.
Also I've been suffering from chronic anal fissure since i was a kid.
For the past 7 years i had a inguinal hernia mesh repair on both sides and one varicocele surgery on the left.
I have no idea if any of this can be related with my problem.
Fissure in ano can / prostastitis should be ruled out.
Thanks for your feedback.
The Chronic anal fissure may be related to the present problems as the infection can spread easily to the nearby structures.
Inguinal hernia and Varicocele surgery may not be related to the present problem.
The dull pain/ discomfort on perineum during erections, bloated intestines and after weight lifting is noted.
I just wanted to ask a few details:
- Since when have you got the problem of (I can feel a few swollen veins between anus and scrotum. I feel subtle pain and discomfort when I touch them.) this is the one you mentioned. Is this of a few days or a long duration?
- Any treatment / investigations / Surgeon's opinion taken?
- Ultrasonography for genito-urinary system particularly for prostate? Prostatitis can also mimic as a discomfort in the perineum.
Prostate was fine during rectal exam. Blood/urine tests and semen culture were also fine. No sign of bacterial infection.
I did no Ultrasonography.
I only found the swolen veins recently after gaining some muscles on my legs from weightlifting, I started feeling some gelly masses rubbing between both legs during some movements. These masses feel like swolen veins along the entire perineum (similar to the ones i had under my left testicle with varicocele before surgery), they start close to the anus all the way until the scrotum.
Usually i feel no discomfort on my perineum during the morning after waking up. Same for the fissure.
Maybe both are related.
Examination by a General Surgeon to get a confirmed diagnosis.
Read your feedback.
The finding like the veins in the perineum is very very rare but possible since you have undergone a left varicocele surgery and possibly these may be collateral.
For this an actual visualization and palpation by a General surgeon would confirm what it is.