What causes penis to become smaller after an injury?

Dr. Naveen Poola

Urologist

Posted on Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Hi,
I was having sex with my girlfriend. She was on top. I slipped out and she landed on me pretty hard. I was in pain for days. Now the pain is gone but I can see that my penis got smaller> I feel it got smaller because of trauma and it may resume to its normal size but i can still get erect. I can still ejaculate. So no problems there. There was no swelling or blood when my girlfriend hurt me. How long does it take for a penis to heal from having some tissue or viens torn? I am feeling depressed because my penis did get smaller both when flacid and erect.
Answered by Dr. Naveen Poola 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I do not think that penis got smaller because of t

Detailed Answer:

Based on the information you have given, I do not think that penis got smaller because of that incident. However, a physical exam is needed to assess properly. Factors like anxiety related to the incident can also contribute for your problem. If there would have been tearing of veins or tissue, you would have experienced pain, swelling blood etc. Anyhow, even if there would have been tearing, it does not result in small penis.

Thank You!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Naveen Poola 2 hours later
I know I am not imagining this. If the penis was pulled wrong or landed on wrong.

I tried to have sex my girlfriend noticed it smaller. Also everyday I am doing sit ups in my underwear. My penis has gotten smaller. Its like a little nob. When im in sweats. Everything. I keep reading online as many sites as i can find, all these doctors saying the penis does not shrink. What if it did or does. There is lots of things about the human body and healing people dont know.

It is now very small. My question is not is this permanent. My question is how long does it take the penis to heal. Like don't get an erection for 3 weeks? and what will the exam be able to tell. my guess is i will go into the exam and the doctor just say there is nothing wrong but i know my body very very well.
Answered by Dr. Naveen Poola 35 hours later
Brief Answer:
no such injury or trauma which can make penis smal

Detailed Answer:

I can understand your concern but there is no such injury or trauma which can make penis smaller according to the medical literature. Instead, there would be emotional or stress or anxiety component which can make this happen.

At this point of time, I wouldn't be able to guess the healing process or the time it might take for you to become well. You surely need a physical exam and reassurance that there is nothing wrong physically. You will first need this reassurance and I am sure once its done you will soon be on the way to recovery.

Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad