Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

145 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

What causes penis shrinkage when diagnosed with erectile dysfunction?

Answered by
Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2011

Answered : 1754 Questions

Posted on Wed, 30 May 2018 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I'm 66 yrs old, have ED, possibly Peyronis, but my penis has shrunk to such a degree it makes it difficult to even grasp and urinate. Any solutions?
Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can be age related or peyronies

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to Healthcaremagic. Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all it's sad to know what you had been experiencing lately.

Based on the history you have shared, it can age related changes or may also be due to prostate enlargement or retraction of penis due to abdominal and pelvic fat if overwieight.

However possiblity of peyronies disease does exist but in absence of trauma or past surgery or any physical factors it's less likely still a urologist opinion is needed to narrow down the diagnosis. A hormones related agenesis is another possibility and that needs to be assessed on hormonal profile as well as random sugar levels etc.

An ultrasound pelvis and penis as well as prostate and if possible CT scan will be needed to look for any signs of enlarged prostate or presence of subcutaneous fat or fibrous bands.

Management will depend on the cause and medical therpaies like vitamin E, and replacement of micronutrients link zinc manganese had shown some advantages but are under trials.

Hormonal therapies may also be needed if levels are found to be abnormal but may also help if given under strict supervision of an endocrinologist.

Surgical correction with penis enlargement surgeries like phalloplasty is an option but urologist opinion is needed for that. Hope this has answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on