Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

What causes penis infection?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 9400 Questions
hi sir i was participated in sex .at that time bottom side of pnnis wounded (i.e skin cutted) ,i was neglected .in side of skin coming white layer and bad smell also at the time of bathing i am cleaning that again also coming.plz give me suggestion for problem..
Posted Thu, 13 Feb 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 58 minutes later
Brief Answer: Infection for sure, but need to find type Detailed Answer: Hello sir and welcome. Thank you for writing to us. I greatly appreciate all the information provided, but if you do not mind me asking a few more questions for better understanding I would like to know if the person you had sexual intercourse with was a known or an unknown person to you? If she was a known person, do you know her sexual status (i.e. whether or not she has any sexually transmitted infections)? Based on the current information, I can safely say that the affected region is infected sir. But what is most important here is to know whether this infection is a simple bacterial infection (which can be caused when a wound is left untreated) or if this is a sexually transmitted infection (based on the sexual status of your partner, who can easily transmit that infection to you from contact of her vagina to the open wound on your penis). For this reason I would recommend a visit to a doctor for a physical examination, a urine culture and sensitivity examination and a swab test of the affected region. These investigations will help to accurately diagnose the condition and treat it effectively and rapidly. In the meantime, while we wait for the reports I think it would be wise to initiate a course of antibiotics, which you should request for from your doctor. Please also abstain from all forms of sexual contact in the meantime and wear loose and comfortable undergarments (preferably cotton). I hope you find my response both helpful and informative. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you. Best wishes.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What causes penis infection? 9 hours later
Dear sir last time i wnt to local doctor,he chcked my pennis and told bacteria effect,and given two tablets (fluka-150) but no result.i participated with known lady and i dont know she has infection or not,at that time skin wounded blood came ..not used condom and not inserted pennis doubt is may be insrted in urine hole........
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: Need to start antibiotics and need investigations Detailed Answer: Hello once again my friend. Let me point out a few things from the information you have provided: 1. Your doctor said that this could be the effect of bacteria (I hope you know that bacteria is different from virus and from fungus; theh are three totally different sources), and he prescribed fluka 150 mg. Fluka 150 mg contains the active ingredient fluconazole, which is an anti-fingal medication used to kill fungal infections. If your doctor suspected a bacteria to be the cause, why did he prescribe an anti-fungal? Although fungal infections are possible, they are less likely than a bacterial infection, and I seriously recommend antibiotics to be initiated in your case 2. There is no way you can insert your penis into your partners urethra as it is way to narrow, and I am sure if you have penetrated it is into the vagina Please speak to your doctor or visit another doctor to initiate a course of antibiotics and also order the investigations I have recommended in my previous response sir. Wishing you a speedy recovery. Best wishes.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What causes penis infection? 13 minutes later
sory sir doctor told thats fungun i am confused...............
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 7 minutes later
Brief Answer: Need you to do a few things sir Detailed Answer: Hello once again my friend. No problem at all. As I mentioned, a fungal infection is possible, but a bacterial infection is more likely and I would have started you on antibiotics if I were your doctor. You could request for the same from your doctor. Also, if your partner was a known person, I would request you to ask her about her sexual status (whether or not she has been diagnosed to have any sexually transmitted infections). This information would help a lot. Also, visit your doctor and request for antibiotics and the investigations I recommended. Take care and keep in touch.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Sexual Diseases

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor