What causes penile pain during intercourse with a history of frenulum tear?

Posted on Mon, 23 May 2016 in Men Sexual Problems
Question: I got a fernulum tear two times in the past one year...every time i took rest for two weeks..and got back to normal sex life with condom only..without condom i can still feel the pain in my penis.Can u help me?
Answered by Dr. Chintan Solanki 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
it may require monore surgery, use lubricant for a while

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing to us. Sorry for delayed response.

Frenulum tear is very common issue. In general it heals n 2-3 weeks on its own. However if it is recurrent problem it may lead to shortening of frenulum which leads to painful intercourse.

You had history of tear twice. You are not able to do sex comfortably without condom. I suggest using KY jelly first which will provide you sufficient lubrication and help in intercourse without pain. If this idea does not succeed, you need to consult surgeon for minor operative surgery.

In surgery two options are there.

One is frenuloplasty. Frenuloplasty works by lengthening the frenulum. This should make having sex more comfortable and reduce the risk of the frenulum tearing again. You should not go for sex for six weeks after the operation.

Second is circumcision. In that foreskin of the penis is removed so no chance of frenulum stretching and pain, and problem is permanently solved.

Hope I have answered your query, I will be happy to help further after your response.
Dr.Chintan Solanki.

Dr. Chintan Solanki

Psychiatrist