What causes penile pain and burning sensation on penis head after oral sex?

Dr. Sheetal Verma

Infectious Diseases Specialist

Posted on Fri, 30 Oct 2015 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: Hi, I received unprotected oral sex about 12 days ago. About 4 or five days ago I began feeling pain in my penis in the underside of the shaft and and a slight burning sensation in the tip as well. There has been no discharge and it doesn't burn when I urinate. I did had a ten panel std test performed and all the results came back negative. The pain seems to be more prevalent when I am sitting.

I am worried that I may have contracted something... That maybe wasn't detected in the tests... Any ideas?
Answered by Dr. Sheetal Verma 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Appears to be trauma.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for your query at HCM.
I understand your concern and situation.

In your case it seems you are to stressed. Do not worry as per history it appears due to trauma while intercourse. Your tests also suggest the same. In your case infection seems unlikely but still you may repeat the same after 2-3 weeks as sometimes tests at early stages are negative . If intercourse was unprotected with stranger then HIV testing also advised. Refrain from intercourse for 2 weeks for healing of any trauma while intercourse. You can apply cold compress. Do not exercise and avoid sitting in same position for long. Take adequate rest.

Hope I answered your query
Rating and review will be appreciated
Dr Sheetal Verma
Follow up: Dr. Sheetal Verma 6 hours later
Thank you for your prompt response Doctor. I know I may just be paranoid, but is there usually a constant pain in the urethra associated with gonorrhea or chlamydia or is it typically only during urination?
Answered by Dr. Sheetal Verma 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
See detail.

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Most of the time patients with gonorrhea and chlamydia have pain during urination, discharge, pain in testes, etc. There are multiple symptoms.