What causes penile discharge?

Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta

Posted on Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in Men's Health
Question: What are the reason for penis discharge as this is happening with me 3 times in 2.5 year. Discharge time is only 10-15 Minutes & always happened in the morning at the time of toilet. While discharging I am very afraid.
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Brief answer.....there is nothing to worry
Detailed answer...
It is a very common phenomenon which happens to almost all men some or other times in their lives.
It happens during toilet and is due to the straining at stool.
Our rectum is very close to our prostate and if you have constipation and when you strain to pass stool.your rectum presses your prostate resulting in passing of semen like sticky dischrge which is basically prostatic fluid.
You can simply forget it because it is happening to you once or twice a year.
In case,the frequency increases and if it starts happening every now and then,then it can be due to enlarged prostrate or congested prostrate.In that case,you need to consult a urologist for examination.
As for now,you simply forget it ,as it is very much normal.
I hope it helps,however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Thanks

Follow up: Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 11 minutes later
Thanks a lot for your valuable reply... I just want to know why penis get shrink during the discharge. ( Discharge means only get shrink)
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 6 hours later
Again it is a normal phenomenon.
Penis does shrink after the discharge.
Just relax and don't pay any attention to all these things.
Thanks