What causes penile discharge with negative STD tests?

Dr. Nsah Bernard

Posted on Wed, 13 Aug 2014 in General Health
Question: Hi, I just recently had an STD test all clear. I have some slight discharge and feel a slight tingling sensation in my penis. I think its a small infection of some type as previously I have had clamidia and the symptoms are similar but not severe. More annoying than painful.
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
NGU can be a likely cause

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXX,

Thanks for posting your query,

I am pleased to be able to assist you with your worry.

Since all your STD screening tests are all clear, then it is likely that you are suffering from non-gonococcal urethritis (NGU), which is infection of the urethra not cause by gonococcus bacteria. However, it also requires a course of antibiotics which will help treat the infection.
I do not know if you gave this complain to the health care provider who requested for the STD screening. If that is not the case, then I suggest you present the situation to your primary care so that adequate treatment can be provided.

Hope this helps and wish you the best.
Dr. Nsah