Ask a Urologist   »  

What causes penile discharge while defecating?

Question
the skin on my penis is peeling off after that it becomes reddish and i also have occasion discharge from my penis especially when am defecating
if the doctor gets his diagnosis i want precriptions for treatment and how to prevent it from happening again.Thank you
Posted Sun, 17 Aug 2014 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please, provide a photo image for this!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about what you are experiencing. I will like to have a picture of this rash to factor it into my response.

However, with a urethral discharge from the penis when defecating, I will suggest that you get a urethral smear testing for possible infections. This my prove helpful.

Hope to hear from you and get the image before adding more weight to this.

Follow-up: What causes penile discharge while defecating? 29 hours later
When i went to see the Doctor i was made to take a urine and swab test.The results came as staphylococcus aureus.I was given some antibiotics,but it didn't stop.The peeling of stopped when i applied clotrimazole cream on it but it returned when i stopped.Please help me understand whats happening to me so that i can put an end to it.Thank you

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 20 hours later
Brief Answer:
Probably fungal

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this follow up precision.

With this rash responding to clotrimazole ointment, it is probably caused by fungi. For how long did you use this cream before stopping? The duration may not have been appropriate to correctly and completely treat the infection.

let me hear from you.

Follow-up: What causes penile discharge while defecating? 1 hour later
I used the cream for about two weeks.Please i uploaded the images you asked for, what do you make of it.How long was i supposed to use cream.What is the way forward

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 21 hours later
Brief Answer:
See below!

Detailed Answer:
I think the duration of use of this cream is okay. If it didn't work, then probably it may not be the best indicated or it was not a fungal infection. Another reason could be that you recontaminate yourself after or during treatment. Were you sexually active during treatment? Did you take extra measures to disinfect your under wears during this time?

I have reviewed the image. To be honest, I cannot make a call on what this is as the rash is not very visible on the images. I would rather not guess on this.

How severe are your symptoms? Do you have itches all the times? Keeping the area always clean, dry and moisture free would be very helpful

Let me know what your thought are.

Follow-up: What causes penile discharge while defecating? 2 hours later
I wasn't sexually active during the treatment duration and also i have not had sex ever since i realized it.I think my personal hygiene is fine.it does itch especially when the infection is returning.The skin on my penis becomes so dry,red and then it peels off gradually is also very itchy.Also i thought maybe the reason why it kept recurring was because i had no medicinal intake and the cream couldn't do the work alone.What do you make of it.Thank you hope to hear from you soon.

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 days later
Brief Answer:
Thanks for following up!

Detailed Answer:

I am happy to hear that your hygiene is great.

These symptoms still sound very suggestive of possible fungal infection. Superficial fungal infection on the penis does not generally require oral drugs intake. If your dresses are not washed and disinfected totally, this may constitute a constant source or re-contamination. Please, consider doing so if not already done.

I will suggest that you change the cream to miconazole and let's see what the result would be. If it recurs, then it may not be fungal infection and require a complete examination by a physician in the neighborhood.

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask for more clarifications if need be.

Follow-up: What causes penile discharge while defecating? 2 days later
Thank you for your help.I guess i will have to reevaluate myself and everything and see and also try the miconazole too.

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 57 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Thanks!

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your kind words and let me hear from you when you must have gotten these measures rolling about the progress of your rash.

I hope this helps.