What causes penile discharge post cystoscopic surgery?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Tue, 6 Sep 2016 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I recently had five kidney stones removed by cystoscopic surgery, followed by a stent placement. The stent in now removed, and I resumed having sex about a week later. I have noticed that what appears to be ejaculate spots my underwear a day or two after sex when I get up in the morning. Is this normal? Should I have waited longer to have sex? This has not happened before. My urologist is out of town, so I am asking here.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
This could be due to Urethritis

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

You have undergone endoscopic removal of kidney stones and stent was placed in renal unit which has been removed and you have noticed few drops of your inner wares soaked with semen two days after having sex .

This is not a semen but could be due thick secretions of urethral mucus glands .secondary to inflammation of urethra which normally occurs after endoscopic surgery due to instrumentation.

This will get resolved over a period of week or two ,

Take antibiotics and anti inflammatory medication like Diclofenac twice daily .

Ensure to drink more water .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions , I shall be happy to help you .
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
This only seems to happen after I have sex. When I abstain for a few days, the spotting does not occur. Is this just coincidence? I was told it was OK to have sex a week after the stent was removed, and was wondering if that was true. I do not have burning on urination, fever, or other symptoms usually associated with an infection. Thanks for following up.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
This could be left over semen stucked up to urethral wall

Detailed Answer:
`Hello
Thanks for follow up .

This could be a semen which is left stucked up to urethral wall which is passed after few hours .If there is no pain in urethra or burning while urination One can have sex one week after the endoscopic procedure .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar