What causes penile burning sensation while passing urine and after urination?
I have gone through the Urine test, Blood test, Blood Sugar, CBC test, Urine Culture test. All the test are normal.
I visited to the same doctor again. He referred me to the Urologist. Urologist checked the penis meatus and said there is no swelling and redness on the Penis meatus. For sensation and burning he prescribed the following medicine.
1. Citralka syrup - 2 times in a day for 14 days
2. Flucort Ointment (Fluocinolone acetonide) - apply 2 times in a day for 14 days
Doctor I am hesitating to apply this ointment on such a sensitive area (Penis Meatus) as this ointment is a steroid.
Please provide your comments on the below
1. Why am i feeling the burning sensation or irritation at the Penis Meatus all the time since all the reports are normal?
2. Is there any side effects of the Flucort Ointment?
3. Is there any safe and good alternative of Flucort Ointment?
It is due to residual inflammation of urethra (Urethritis)
Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have burning at the tip of the penis while passing urine and after urination .
I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem.
1) Did you have unprotected sex before you started getting these symptoms ?
2) Do you have any discharge from urethra?
Irritation at the tip of penis and burning is mostly due to inflammation of the delicate urethral membrane .
Please get your urine culture done to rule out any active infection .
Taking broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefixime along with urinary antiseptic like
Nitrofurantoin and anti inflammatory medicine like Diclofenac twice daily and urine alkaliser thrice daily This will help to resolve the issue within two weeks ..
I personally do not recommend steroid cream for irritation of meatus.
Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
thanks for the reply
Please find below the answer of your question
1. No. I have not done sex or intercourse till now
2. If you are talking about the discharge that looks like pus or that is white in color, I do not have that kind of discharge. But yes a crystal clear liquid (transparent in clear) is secreted when i get the erection. I had discussed the same with my urologist. As per the Urologist, It is a normal discharge and it is secreted from Cowper gland. And it secrets when a man is sexually aroused.
And one more thing doctor I have already taken the Cefixime 400 mg - Twice in a day with anti inflamatory Medicine like Zerodol SP ( Acelofenac + paracetamol + Serratiopeptidase) for 15 days. After this i have taken the Doxycycline 100 mg for 7 days. But i did not get relief
I have gone through the Urine culture, blood test, CBC, Urine Routine analysis. All the test reports completely normal.
Continue taking Citralka thrice daily.
Thanks for follow up.
In view of your all tests being normal and your symptoms are still not resolved even after taking almost all appropriate antibiotics and anti inflammatory drugs for adequate period of time .It is very difficult to explain the cause of your symptoms .
It could be considered to be due to anxiety .
Ensure to take urine alkalizer(Citralka) thrice daily and drink more water to keep your alkaline and dilute.
Thanks and Regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Causes for pain and burning while passing urine
- What could cause burning sensation while urinating
- What causes burning sensation with urination
- What causes burning sensation after urination and blood in urine
- What is the cause of burning sensation while urinating
- What causes hot sensation while passing urine
- What causes burning sensation in penis after urination
- What causes burning sensation in the penis while urinating
- Causes of burning urination and penile discharge
- What causes burning sensation and bleeding while urinating
- Have stomach pain, fever and loose stool. On omniprzole and ciplox. Any...
- Have had cyst removed from lips and noticed rigidness. Will it cure on...
- On medication for BP, body pain and frequent urination. Getting weakness...
- Having pain in testicle and noticed dark skin on it. What to do?
- Took medication for neurological problem and never had a desire for...
- Experiencing prolonged menstrual periods. What to do?
- Have increase frequency and urgency of urination. Any treatment?
- Why does my penis look small when not erect?
- Having on and off mouth ulcer. What is causing this and how to get rid...
- Noticed movable lump on the side of abdomen. What could it be?