What causes pelvic pain that increase while drinking fluids?

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Posted on Fri, 24 Aug 2018 in Abdominal Pain
Question: Having aching pain in left side and lower left pelvis. Gets worse when I drink fluids, gets a little better after I urinate or empty bladder. Question is, do I need to go to an ER or just to an urgent care clinic?
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Urgent care as this is not a dire emergency as per the history

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your query, albeit short and specific.
Noted the history and understood your concerns.
Aching pain in left lower side and pelvis which increases on drinking fluids and get better on passing urine can be handled in Urgent care.
You can have a clinical evaluation, examination and tests of urine: routine, microscopy, culture and sensitivity; tests of blood, X-ray and ultrasonography of abdomen if available.
This can give probable diagnosis and you get a prescription of antibiotic and other medications as would be needed for you to get a relief and advise for further investigations and management.

Take Care!
Dr. T Chandrakant,
General Surgeon