What causes pelvic pain near the left hip bone post menopause?

Question
I am 10 years post menopausal and I have been have some sporadic pelvic pain that sort of mimics menstrual cramps, but more recently I have been having very sharp stabbing pain in the general area of left ovary left hip bone. I have not noticed anything in particular that sets it off.
Sat, 2 Jun 2018 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be ovarian, renal or intestinal cause.

Detailed Answer:
A pain in the pelvis in the post menopausal age group can be related to a urinary cause- infection or calculus or related to an ovarian cause- mass or cyst or related to large bowel like colitis.
This needs to be investigated under the guidance of a gynecologist and a gastroenterologist. Investigations like ultrasound scan, MRI scan and colonoscopy are entailed.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Follow-up: What causes pelvic pain near the left hip bone post menopause? 47 minutes later
I do have a prolapsed uterus, well the dr. told me it was the vaginal wall that was protruding from the colon side of vagina. I tried the pessary and hated it and have just adjusted to it. I don't even notice it anymore.

This pain does come more frontal and to the ovary location. I experienced lots of discomfort in my younger years because I had endometriosis which caused lots of cramping. The pain is familiar in location but not in the stabbing pain. I used to experience more of a cramping pain. So I tend to want to dismiss the bladder infection or colon issues, but I could be wrong to do that.

Is there some urgency to getting checked out? I'm starting a temporary insurance plan with a 5000 deductible and starting a new job. My insurance from my new obs does not start until Feb or latest in March. Would it be okay to wait for permanent insurance to not have to start my deductible all over again or does this need to be checked out now. Not wanting to be foolish about my health over money just wondering your thoughts. Thanks

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
can wait if the pain is mild.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
If the pain that you have is a mild one then it can wait till Feb. In case the pain is intense and persistent then it is best to get a few preliminary investigations done after consulting your primary physician.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.