What causes pelvic pain during intercourse and spotting after it?
A couple weeks ago, I noticed I would be having deep pelvic pains during sex, and an uncomfortable feeling there afterwards. The was some lighting spotting after sex as well. I am also on birth control. However, I have stopped having sex for over a week now and the pain seems to be gone. Should I still go get it looked at? What could it be?
need some details.
Welcome to HCM.
I can understand your concerns.
Do you still have had the following symptoms with pain:
burning with urination,
or irregular menstruation?
Has such episodes occurred in past too while having intercourse?
Pain while intercourse is common in some people and is not a thing to worry. Spotting may be due to local trauma during intercourse.
But kindly reply back with answers to above questions so that we can decide further course of action.
no reason to worry.
Thanks for the details.
With these details, I do not find any reason to worry.
Light brown dischargeis normal most of the times. It denotes the left over blood of previous menses. Do not worry about this.
But yes, if you develop the symptoms which I enquired for earlier, then you must consult your gynecologist.
For ocassional pain, you can take tablet ibuprofen.
Hope this helps.
I wish you well.
Kindly close the discussion if you have no more queries and give your valuable feedback.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Cervical cysts that cause pain during intercourse
- What causes puffy clitoris and pain during intercourse
- Does tubal ligation cause pain during intercourse
- Does cervical erosion cause pain during intercourse
- Can ovarian cysts cause pelvic pain during intercourse ?
- What is the cause and treatment for pain during intercourse
- Pain during intercourse causes
- Spotting after period no pain during intercourse
- What causes pain during intercourse in pregnancy
- Pain during intercourse after changing iud cause