What causes pelvic pain and testicle pain?

Dr. Albana Sejdini

Posted on Wed, 24 Sep 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: Had unprotected sex with a women who is not my wife three times over the course of three months. The last time being XXXXXXX 14. Tested negative for chlamydia and gonorhea on July 9. Had a routine urinalysis and urine culture done by doctor everything was normal on July 30. I still have some pelvic pain/ discomfort and at base of penis and some testicle pain/ discomfort and kind of in behind my testicles most of the pain is dull but very noticeable. I feel it be affecting my bowel movements. But my anxiety and stress level have been driving me crazy.. Also I urinated when I was in a lake a week ago and I had pain in my pelvic area and lower back when I was urinating..... What's wrong with me?????
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Possible uro-genital infection...

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX

I have gone through your medical history and understood your concerns carefully.

You have done your last routine urine analysis and culture on July 30, around 1 month ago. From what you are describing, you might be experiencing possible uro-genital infection. Therefore, further investigation is needed including:
- urine analysis
- urine culture
- sperm analysis and culture
- abdominal ultrasound

It might not be related to STDs, but, to other common genital infection like candida or other common bacteria. Tests are needed to run before determining the right treatment.

Meanwhile, I advise to:
- avoid having unprotected sex with unknown women for whom you do not know if they have any STDs or other common vaginal/genital infection
- drink more water
- avoid salty/oily foods

With regards to bowel movements, may I know if you are having:
- loose? watery? hard stool?
- problems with constipation? diarrhea?
- abdominal bloating? gas?
- burping issues?
- burning on chest?

Hope it helped!
Dr.Albana
Follow up: Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
I have had this discomfort since the end of XXXXXXX Dr that gave me urinalysis told me to follow up with my dr if still had issues with discomfort. Nothing has changed really. Somedays it's there and some it isn't..... Could it be prostatis

I only had sex with the one woman and it was a big mistake. She told me she was clean and didn't have any STDs. This was after our encounters.... She wasn't happy when I asked her if there was any way I could have caught an infection from her. She said she just had a Pap smear and that everything came back normal I told her that they don't check for that stuff but she said yes they do! My bowel movements seem to be soft or loose. Looks like soft ice cream kind of
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
Insist to run the lab tests...

Detailed Answer:
Hi back XXXX

Thank you for providing the requested data.

If the woman with whom you had unprotected sex was clean, then, I advise to run the above-mentioned tests to exclude urinary and/or genital infection. I do no think you might have STDs, but common UTI or genital infection that can easily be treated.

Such analysis will also exclude prostatitis or urethritis (genital infections). Examination of stool for ova/parasites and culture of feces for pathological bacteria/candida is also recommended.

Hope it helped!
Dr.Albana