What causes pelvic discomfort along with orange vaginal discharge?

Posted on Mon, 20 Nov 2017 in Women's Health
Question: Mu recent smear test came back with cin 3 reaults. I am 34 and have never had a smear test before. My period ended 2 days ago and today ive had a small.amount of orange discharge and pelvic discomfort. I have my colposcopy on monday. Should.i expect a cancer diagnosis?
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Detailed below.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for sharing your health concern with us.

Though you have been diagnosed with a CIN 3 lesion, you need not worry as treatment is possible at colposcopy. Surgical excision of the affected part followed by regular follow up should suffice.

In future, take proper precautions during intercourse as suggested by your consultant.

Tests for infection are also recommended to see if any precautions are available.

CIN 3 lesion is also termed as carcinoma-in-situ. In other words, it means cancer restricted to the area only and not spread beyond, hence treatable.

Please do not worry. Everything is going to be fine.

Hope I have answered your query. Please feel free to contact for further clarifications. I will be happy to help.

regards,
Shanti.V.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Shanti Vennam 14 minutes later
thankyou XXXXXXX for your reply. I havent been sexually active for around 7 years therefore I am panicking a little I admit. The orange discharge today with pelvic pain has escalated my concern and I have convinced myself that I have an advanced cervical cancer. Could the Orange discharge be the end of my period?
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Likely to be the end of the period.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing back.

Your chances of being diagnosed with an advanced stage of the disease are very very remote.

The spotting is more likely to be due to a tapering period. Also, if the pap smear was taken in the past couple of days, it is common to observe some spotting.

Pelvic pain can be due to the procedure or other causes like infections, polyps, cysts of the ovary etc. Sometimes, there is a passing uterotubal spasm that can give the pain. Please mention of the pain to your consultant.

Please do not panic. The condition is treatable if detected in early stages. Remember, confidence aids a lot in recovery.

Hope this helps. Please do not hesitate to contact for further information.

regards,
Shanti.V.

Dr. Shanti Vennam

OBGYN