What causes peeling skin on the face while on thiazide?

Dr. Lilit Baghdasaryan

Cardiologist

Posted on Tue, 20 Dec 2016 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I am on dyazide for a blood pressure medication. My face is peeling (like a sunburn). This is unusual for me. I am also on warfarin. Is the peeling due to the dyaside or a drug interaction?

Answered by Dr. Lilit Baghdasaryan 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Is not typical for medications

Detailed Answer:
Dear Mrs,

It is a neither a common side effect for thiazide nor a drug interaction between your medications.
In some people thiazides can cause skin dryness, but peeling is not typical.
I would advise you to see a dermatologist to find out the cause of your skin peeling.

Come back if you have any further uestions