What causes peeling of skin in ears and scalp?
? Scalp psoriasis
Welcome to healthcare magic.
I understand that you are having flaking of your scalp and ears.
The possibilities I could think of with your history and description include Scalp psoriasis, Seborrhoeic dermatitis and Sebopsoriasis. These are inflammatory conditions of the skin which could result in thickening of the skin which peels and flakes off and could predominantly involve the above mentioned areas.
Could you give me some more history so I could assess better?
1. For how long have you had this problem?
2. Is it itchy?
3. Are you on medications for other problems like hypertension or elevated cholesterol, etc?
You have a feature to upload the images by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your query better. You can also send the image as attachment to YYYY@YYYY , with the subject as 'Attn: Dr. Johny Chacko'.
Please revert back with the additional history and the clinical photograph.
Dr. Johny Chacko
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes an itchy scalp
- What cause dark scalp
- What causes indentations on the scalp
- What causes tingling on scalp
- Have itchy scalp and skin seizures what is the cause
- What causes skin rash on peniswristunder eyes and scalp
- What causes itch on scalp
- What causes spots on scalp
- What causes scalp psoriasis
- What causes a dry scalp