• question-icon

What causes pea sized lump on belly?

Posted on Mon, 30 May 2016 in General Health
Question: When doing sit ups, I notice a softball sized lump in the center of my belly when reclining just before I crunch forward. I am out of shape and have a large gut that I am working on to get rid of. I find this strange. Any ideas?
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Capture and image and upload for review!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this finding and all the inconveniences this has caused you. This could be suggestive of an epigastric hernia which represents a point of weakness. In many others, it could simply represent fat accumulation which protrudes when the muscles contract. TO make the exact difference, observing and examining would be important. I will suggest that you send and image for inspection and if this is not conclusive, I will then recommend that you visit a doctor for further evaluation.

To upload an image, click on the upload icon to the right of your dashboard and follow the onscreen instructions. You may also send it directly to customer service at YYYY@YYYY and request that it should be uploaded to your query.

I hope to hear from you and promise to respond promptly. Until next, I wish you well.
Dr. Ivo Ditah