What causes patches of skin rash on the spine and sternum?
Please, upload an image of this rash for review!
HI and thank you so much for this query.
Please, kindly upload an image for review. This way, I will tell for sure whether this is shingles or not.
To upload an image, click on the upload icon to the right of your dashboard and follow the onscreen instructions. You may also send it directly to customer service at YYYY@YYYY and request that it should be uploaded to your query.
I hope to hear from you and promise to respond promptly. Until next, I wish you well.
Is this on one side ONLY of the body?
Hi and thanks for this follow up.
I have reviewed the image attached. While this is suggestive, I will like to know if it is on only one half of the body. Shingles never cross the midline.
Let me know what the response to this question is.
Then it is most likley shingles!
This is most likely shingles following the appearance and its distribution. I will suggest he stay away from your pregnant daughter to avoid any potential risk, know and unknown.
I wish you well and keep me posted.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes allergic skin rash
- What cause of skin rash under belly
- What causes skin rash near eyes
- What would be causing patchy dry skin rash
- What can cause skin rash around vagina
- What are the causes and treatment for skin rashes
- What causes to have recurrent itchy skin rashes
- What causes itchy skin rash
- What causes skin rash with abdominal pain
- What could cause skin rash and freckle on stomach