What causes pancreatitis?
Exercise causes pancreatitis in patients with biliary surgery done earlier
Thanks for writing in to us.
I have read through your query in detail.
Please find my observations below.
1. Pancreaitis is inflammation of pancrease and is causesd by gallstone impaction, alcohol, hyper-lipidemia, hypercalcemia, and medications. In some cases the cause is not known like that of your daughter.
2. Pancreatitis precipitated by exercise is documented in patients with a surgical intervention in the biliary system and those in who there is surgical alteration of the sphincter of Oddi. This is the area where the common bile duct opens in to the small intestine. Patients having surgical history can have pancreatitis after increased abdominal pressure after exercise.
3. Since the MRI is normal therefore such a probability is unlikely in your daughter and that is the reason the doctor is not accepting that exercise precipitated pancreatitis in your daughter.
Hope your query is answered.
Please do write back if you have any doubts.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Pancreatitis causes
- What causes pancreatic insufficiency
- What causes pancreatic cysts
- What causes a pancreatic rest
- What causes pancreatic cancer
- What causes pancreatic duct blocked
- Does pancreatitis cause pancreatic cancer
- Does pancreatitis cause wind
- Does duromine cause pancreatitis
- What causes pancreatitis flare ups
- Done with CAT scan and ultrasound. Taking Testosterone. Ultrasound...
- Scheduled for fusion of vertebeae and laminectomy. Should I go ahead...
- Fell down and hurt chest. What are the findings in the x-ray report?
- Is there any treatment to increase the size of penis?
- Had a history of colon cancer and had bowel resection. Left butt is...
- Swollen lymph nodes under arms and groin hurts and have sores. Could...
- Suffered arachnoid hemorrhage after head injury. Suffer constant...
- What is the cause for itchy underarms?
- On warfarin for PE. Having bleeding from rectum. Should I go to the ER?
- Taking amoxicillin for sinus infection. Slight fluctuations in...