What causes pale stool discolouration after eating yogurt?

Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta

Posted on Mon, 19 Sep 2016 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Hello. Can drinking yoghurt cause your stools to turn pale? I've been drinking about one liter per day...
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Brief answer....drinking large amount of yoghurt can not only cause pale stools but other health hazards also
Detailed answer....
I have read your query and understand your concern.
Full fat as well as low fat yoghurt has plenty of sugar in it and this van cause unwanted weight gain and cause problem to cardiovascular system.
Full fat yoghurt has plenty of saturated fats in it which can in itself cause increased cholesterol levels land also worsen cardiovascular system.
Galactose, a type of sugar present in yoghurt also has potential association with ovarian cancer.
I would advise you to limit your yoghurt intake.
I hope it helps,however you are most welcome to revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Thanks