What causes pain,stiffness and discomfrot at kidney biopsy site?

Question
I had kidney biopsy last tuesday. There was no blood in urine just normal clot like red pieces and I was discharged from hospital same day after 5 hrs observation. The pain was normal as it should be. Then on friday after taking bath my husband removed my bandage. I felt little pain and then suddenly in few seconds I fainted. I fainted for a min or so. My husband called ambulance. Every test was normal at hospital and Dr. said this happened because of bandage removal and they discharged me. After that I started feeling stiff inside at Biopsy site. Outside I don't have any bruise or stiffness whatsoever after Biopsy. I only feel stiffness and discomfort and little continuous pain. Please explain my situation. Should I see dr.
Posted Tue, 12 Aug 2014 in Kidney Conditions

Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
There is no cause for concern

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day
Dear XXXX

I assume that you had undergone Gun/punch biopsy. It is safe and unlikely to cause any significant bleeding in the absence of any coagulation/bleeding abnormalities.
The symptoms are likely to be due to anxiety and stress associated with biopsy.

If the following criteria are fulfilled there is no cause for concern
1. Absence of blood in Urine
2. No swelling at biopsy site
3. Normal Pulse rate and blood pressure

Ensure good intake of water and adequate rest.

Do keep me updated about progress
Wishing you great health.

Best regards
Dr T Shobha Deepak
MBBS, MD

Follow-up: What causes pain,stiffness and discomfrot at kidney biopsy site? 6 hours later
thanks,

the stiffness and mild pain which I feel could be hematoma?
How long the pain will stay? Its 8th day today.

Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Unlikely to be Hematoma

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Greetings
Hematoma is usually associated with swelling and discolouration of overlying skin. Some pain and discomfort is quite common after biopsy.
Local application of hot water fomentation and analgesic like Ibuprofen will be helpful.

Best regards
Dr T Shobha Deepak
MBBS, MD

Follow-up: What causes pain,stiffness and discomfrot at kidney biopsy site? 28 minutes later
Is Iboprofen okay to consume in Chronic Kidney Disease? Please check my other question replied by Dr. XXXXXXX if not checked yet. That would tell you my history.

Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 25 hours later
Brief Answer:
Ibuprofen is not advisable

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Greetings

As your Creatinine is high and GFR is low Ibuprofen is not advisable. For pain control analgesic like Paracetamol is much safer. Also continue with hot water fomentation.

Best regards
Dr T Shobha Deepak