• question-icon

What causes painless and hard swelling in genital region?

Posted on Wed, 1 Jun 2016 in Men's Health
Question: I awoke one morning to find a single, hard, smooth and painless lump/swelling on the underside of my genitals (male) about halfway up from the base. It appeared seemingly overnight. It is painless unless considerable squeezing or pressure is applied. Thus far I have noticed no pus or other liquid. The area around the lump is slightly red and moves in tandem with the skin. It is between .2 - .3 inches in diameter. It has been there several days. Recently I have started seeing a new girl who has almost no prior sexual history and has previously been cleared of STDs, but we did have sex about a week before I noticed the bump.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Mostly It is Staphylococcal infection of hair follicle (Boil)

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query ,based on the facts and photograph that you have that you have posted it appears that you have developed staphylococcal infection of hair follicle (Boil) which is in a stage of induration .

I would suggest you take antibiotic like Augmentin and anti inflammatory drug like Diclofenac twice daily for a week. Both the drugs are prescription only medicines which your local doctor will know.

Ensure to wash your genitals with warm water twice daily.

Ensure to avoid sexual encounters till it heals up completely.

If does not get resolved within a week you may need to consult qualified General surgeon for clinical evaluation and get it incised and drained under anesthesia.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions , I shall be happy to help you .
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist