• question-icon

What causes painful urination while treating orchitis?

Posted on Mon, 3 Jul 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: How long does it take for the pain when urinating to stop after been treated for orchitis.
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
should be some improvement by day 3 to 4

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

Normally there should be should be some improvement of symptoms by day 3 to 4 of using antibiotics.
By the completion of the antibiotics , the majority of the symptoms should have resolved.

There are some persons with chronic/persistent infections that require 4 to 6 weeks of antibiotics. If your symptoms are not improving then this may be the case for you.

Other aspects of treatment include: (1) reduced physical activity
(2)scrotal support and elevation
(3)ice packs
(4)sitz baths
(5)anti inflammatory pain killers such as ibuprofen, naproxen

If you are not noticing any improvement then you need to consider seeing your doctor for an assessment to see if re treatment is needed

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
Follow up: Dr. Michelle Gibson James 17 minutes later
what are the signs that should tell me that the whole bacterial has been cleared from my system.
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
all symptoms resolve completely

Detailed Answer:
HI

The complete relief of all symptoms usually indicates that treatment is successful.

If the infection was confirmed by testing prior to starting treatment, you can ask for a re test, though this is not usually done

Please feel free to ask anything else
Dr. Michelle Gibson James