What causes painful urination while on Hydrochlorothiazide?
urination. I've been on two different antibiotics thinking it was just a UTI but it didn't help. It didn't help with my blood pressure either.
Hello and Welcome
I appreciate your concern
Hydrochlorothiazide is not associated with burning or painful urination or developing a UTI. It is prescribed stage 1 hypertension alone or in combination with ACE inhibitor and other antihypertensive meds.
A urine routine exam , culture sensitivity testing of urine and ultrasound abdomen and pelvis would clear things regarding the painful urination. Antibiotics can then be advised accordingly if there is evidence of infection.
Wishing you best of health
Let me know if you have any query
Please consult your doctor before deciding on any further course of action.
For future follow up / correspondence you may ask me directly at the link given below
Dr. M.S. Khalil
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pains in the middle of butts while urinating
- What causes short sharp pain while urinating
- What causes pain while masturbating and semen in urine
- What causes pain and burning while urinating
- What causes pain in the anus and burning while urinating
- What causes pelvic pain while urinating
- What causes pain in belly button while urinating
- What causes stomach or abdominal pain while urinating
- What causes pain while urination with abnominal pain
- Does taking hydrochlorothiazide cause frequent urination and cramps