What causes painful swelling on waist and inability to sleep on back?
Need MRI and Clinical examination by a General Surgeon
Thanks for your query.
To recapitulate: Male/30 - swelling on waist for last 1 month - severe pain - unable to sleep on back , has to sleep only on sides - tried medications from Doctors who say it is muscle stiffness - gave muscle relief tablets and injection - no relief ....
As from the history that you have given, the problem is for the last 1 month and continues in spite of medicines you have been taking.
This means you need further investigations.
I would advise you the following:
Clinical evaluation and examination by Specialist called General Surgeon.
MRI of the back and the spine as there is a strong chance that something is coming from deeper structure. This will give you the most correct diagnosis.
You may also will be subjected to FNAC that is fine needle aspiration cytology if required to get a histopathological diagnosis.
Please get these things done to get a proper diagnosis as correct diagnosis will only give the plan for curative treatment. 1 month is a long time to suffer and be without diagnosis.
I hope you are getting my point, please get these done and give me the reports.
please feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes bloating and back pain
- What causes pain in groin and back
- Cause of back pain while sleeping
- What is the cause of back pain with fever
- What causes upper back pain
- What causes middle back pain
- What causes pain travelling from waist to the back
- What causes severe back pain
- What causes swelling on back of the knees
- What causes back and chest pain