What causes painful swelling on instep of foot?
I would need some more info
Welcome to Health Care Magic, Thanks for writing to us,
I am Dr.Muhammad Ahmad, I have read your question, I understand your concern and will try to help you in the best possible way.
Can you please upload a picture?
also tell me about following:
1) Since when has this happened?
2) Did you have any history of gout?
3) Any history of trauma?
4) Any beef or mutton meal you tool which resulted into this?
5) Do you have diabetes or hypertension?
6) Any meds you have been taking?
I am waiting for your input.
This has to be taken cared of
Thanks for writing back,
I can definitely appreciate the swelling.
In my opinion this can not be left un noticed. I would here by suggest you certain measures to take and i hope they will help you getting rid of the issue.
1) Rest is the key don't put much pressure on the foot.
2) Get some easy trainers .
3) Keep the foot elevated when sitting or lying don't hang it.
4) Wrap crepe bandage round it.
5) I would also ask my patient to take celecoxib and allopurinol if they had history of gout.
6) Avoid meat , and green leafy veges.
7) Rub Voltral gel on it every 6 hours.
In diabetes there are some joint damages too but they are in later stages of uncontrolled diabetes, to me this doesn't look to be the case.
If things don't get better in a week then get an appointment with a rheumatologist .
He might want to get some labs done and an Xray or MRI of the joint.
Rest is the key it is expected to get better in a week or so but you have to take good care.
I Hope this answers your question, if your have more queries feel free to ask, otherwise close the discussion and rate it. Wish you the best of health.
It can be two things
Thanks for writing back,
It Can be two things
2) Strain .
If you remember any history of strain or traume then we will suspect strain.
If there is history of arthritis in you or your family then this better be checked.
I think if that is decreasing your functionality you should arrange an appointment with a doctor.
Rheumatologist or orthopedic surgeon.
Former will be more preffered.You uric acid or antibody levels might be checked by him.
This thing has to be followed. Till then your can follow the suggestion i gave in my previous response they will be of help.
I hope things will get better real soon.
Wish you quick recovery.
Wait for some days if doesnt get better..meet a dr
It's been a pleasure helping you mam.
Even if its arthritis or just a strain you have to take rest and keep it as immobile as possible ...and keep it elevated when sitting and lying down.
If it is really debilitating, do consult a doctor before things get bad.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pain and discomfort in foot
- What causes pain and swelling with warm sensation on foot
- What causes swelling in foot
- What causes swelling and pain in the clitoris
- Pain in the genitals with swelling what is causing this
- What causes sudden foot pain
- What causes painful swelling in left foot
- What causes chronic foot pain
- What causes severe knee pain with swelling on foot
- What causes painful swelling of foot and knee below