What causes painful swelling in the knee after knee replacement surgery?

Dr. Chander Mohan Singh

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 4 Apr 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Constant pain and swelling 5 months after knee replacement surgery. How to stop it and how much aspirin can I take? I have RA.
Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Get xray done

Detailed Answer:

From the symptoms it seems that you haven't go for or do physiotherapy properly.

So I advise you to send me xray of replaced knee in AP and lateral and upload the xray, I want to see condition of implant and joint space.

Try to avoid aspirin except if its prescribed by doctor, instead have tab.aceclofenac100mg+serratiopeptidase15mg thrice a day by prescription of your family doctor as this medicine is not over the counter.

Keep on taking medimedication for RA factor as already you are having.

When pain stabilized, do physiotherapy properly.

You will lead a prosperous life.

Thanks,

Dr.CHANDER XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy