What causes painful swelling in the fingers?
I have a problem with my finger. The tip is swelling and painful.
Thanks for posting your query.
The pain and swelling on the finger can be due to an injury, a tendon inflammation or an infection in the area. There can be an infected cyst also present in the area. Proper cause can be detected only after a direct examination. Do consult an orthopedician and get the necessary medicines prescribed for improvement.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Finger pain and swelling causes
- What causes pain in fingers and legs
- What causes numbness and pain in fingers
- What causes swelling and pain in the clitoris
- Pain in the genitals with swelling what is causing this
- What causes pain in finger cuticle
- What are the causes for pain and swelling in toes
- What causes joint pain in finger
- Cause of pain and swelling in index finger
- What causes painful swelling in ring and middle finger
- Can spinal stenosis cause joints pain and swollen ankle, thighs and knees?
- Having lower back pain with tickling and pulsating sensation. What could...
- MRI of knee showed occult displaced fracture. What is it and what is the...
- What is the cause and treatment for painful knee with walking difficulty?
- Having ump into superclavical. What could the long tube feeling be?
- MRI findings show posterior disc bulges at L5-S1 and L4-5 levels....
- MRI scan shows Lumbar spondylosis. Suggest
- What causes pain in left groin and lower back and how can it be treated?
- Had MRI scan of right ankle and prescribed with zyloric for reduction of...
- What would be the cause of sudden neck pain on one side?