What causes painful swelling in left armpit, sore throat and fever after sex?

Dr. Suresh Heijebu

Posted on Tue, 27 Oct 2015 in HIV and AIDS
Question: Hi ,

I had only unprotected oral sex ( approx 5 min, no bleeding, no cuts during oral sex) with two different sex worker 1 year back (July 2014) in XXXXXXX with two different date in the same month.

After few days (a week or 10 days) I got pain in left armpit which was swollen, these are the only symtom I had. I didn't inform to my wife and I had sex with my wife , few days later she had pain in the both knees, sore throat after some time and fever also but these symptoms were not at same time but different period of time. We went to ortho doctor she cured after 4 to 6 months treatment . meanwhile I was tested HIV home prick test 3 times at NGO center for HIV in different window period say 3 , 5 , 7 months were negative. We are planing for baby, so again I had sex with my wife now she got knee join pain again with swelling in one of the leg. Again after 10 month I went for HIV Rapid screening test (in private diagnosis center) was negative for me and Tri dot screening test for my wife was also negative. After that i didn't take any test, now i am very scared about being infected of HIV , Please suggest these tests are enough to confirm or need any other test required?
Secondly , please suggest other Std test for like gonnorihea, with test name and testing center in XXXXXXX Last Two week we both had dry cough in morning as well as in night.
Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
You and your wife are unlikely to be HIV infected

Detailed Answer:
Hello, Sir.

I can understand your concern.

I have gone through your query in detail.

HIV can be reasonably ruled out in you and your wife.

These tests are enough to confirm that you do not have HIV as they are taken well out the window periods on many occasions

Pertaining to other tests, you can get 10-panel test STD screen which can screen for all STI's(sexually transmitted infections) including gonorrhea.

I am here providing you with the lab services in XXXXXXX city.

http://www.elbitdiagnostics.net/contactus.php

Post your further queries if any.
Thank you.

Follow up: Dr. Suresh Heijebu 27 hours later
I have checked with above URL and I called them to get appointment but they told they are not aware about tests as you mentioned they asked me what is std?.
Appreciate you if you provide good diagnosis center and tests name to be done.
Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 21 hours later
Brief Answer:
Relevant terms explained.

Detailed Answer:
Hello, Sir.

I can understand your concerns.

I apologize for the delayed response.

STD- stands for Sexually transmitted diseases.

I am surprised as how they (lab) displayed ignorance for the same.

10- panel std test checks for 10 sexually transmitted infections as follows.

Tests Included:

Acute Hepatitis Panel -

1.Hepatitis A antibody, IgM
2.Hepatitis B core antibody, IgM
Hepatitis B surface antigen
3.Hepatitis C virus antibody

4,5.Chlamydia/Gonococcus,
NAAT -Chlamydia trachomatis
Neisseria gonorrhoeae

6,7.Herpes-
Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV) Types 1-/2-Specific Antibodies, IgG

8,9.HIV -
Human Immunodeficiency Virus 1/O/2 (HIV-1/O/2) Antibodies

10.Syphilis-
Rapid Plasma Reagin (RPR) Test With Reflex to Quantitative RPR and Confirmatory Treponema pallidum Antibodies

11.Complete Urinalysis-

Color
Appearance
Specific gravity
pH
Protein
Glucose
Occult blood
Ketones
Leukocyte esterase
Nitrite
Bilirubin
Urobilinogen
Microscopic examination of urine sediment.

You have these services at SRL labs in XXXXXXX at 23 locations.
I am here providing you with the link.All you need to do is to type Country XXXXXXX State XXXXXXX and City XXXXXXX in the query boxes and enter GO button.This will show you the display on 3 pages with 23 lab locations.

http://www.srlworld.com/content/65/find-a-lab.html#

Post your further queries if any.
Thank you.