What causes painful swallowing and sore throat after having a hard drink?
Supportive care only with some advil
Thank you for asking
I read your question and i understand your concern. Painful swallowing and sore throat following drinking something too hot might have caused the pain. Just do some salt water gargles frequently, take advil for the pain and keep the diet soft and mostly fluids. Prefer warm comforting beverages like green tea, herbal tea mixed with honey and see if it helps. This feeling will subside in a day or two. No worries.
I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sore throat on swallowing semen what is the cause
- Sore throat hard to swallow ear pain symptoms
- What causes sore throat after new dentures
- What virus causes sore throat
- What is the cause of the recurring sore throat
- What causes sore throat which prohibits swallowing
- Toothache sore throat whats the cause
- What causes shivering joint pain and sore throat
- Sore throat hard to swallow ear pain
- What could be causing milduncomfortable painful sore throat