What causes painful stomach contractions?
Gastritis/ulcer to rule out with upper endoscopy
I am sorry for the painful stomach contractions you are having.
That could be related to hyperacidity of the stomach. Probable causes could be reflux, gastritis or ulcer. Upper endoscopy will determine it.
Apart taking famotidine, I advise to start taking:
- PPIs (omeprazole or pantoprazole can find as OTC)
- antispasmodics like buscopan or spasmex
If pain won't subside or will get worse, should go to ER.
Consider discussing with your primary to run upper endoscopy. Have your meals regularly, avoid spicy, fatty foods, coffee or any other food/drink that can aggravate your current pain.
Wish fast recovery!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What can cause stomach pain
- What causes stomach pain and spottting
- What causes pain in stomach and breastbone
- What causes stomach pain and vomiting
- What causes constant stomach pains
- What is the cause for stomach pain and diarrhea
- What is the cause of intense pain in the stomach
- What is the cause for stomach pain with bleeding
- What causes stomach pain constantly
- What causes persistent stomach pain