What causes painful reddish lump on armpit?
Its an abscess.
Thank you for the query.
Most likely its an abscess. It appears due to infection of the hair follicles. It can be triggered by shaving in this area.
For sure its not a lymph node.
You should consult general surgeon. It might need incision and drainage.
Hope this helps. Feel free to ask further questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What caused a reddish painful lump in my but crack
- Armpit lump that is causing nausea
- What causes a lump in armpit after a tetanus shot
- What causes painful lump in breast surounding the nipple
- What is the cause of painful lump in abdomen
- What causes painful lump in mouthjaw
- What is the cause of painful lump on hip
- What causes painful lump in breast
- What causes painful lump in the labia
- What could cause painful lumps under armpit