What causes painful reddish abscess near the nail fold?
Paronychia. Oral and topical antibiotics
I have noted your concern and I have viewed the image. You seem to have Acute Paronychia - inflammation of the nail fold.
I suggest you to start an oral antibiotic e.g. either Amoxicillin or Cephalexin, thrice daily for a week.
In addition to this you may apply a topical antibiotic e.g. either Neosporin ointment or Mupirocin ointment, twice daily. You may also take an oral anti inflammatory e.g tab Ibuprofen, twice daily for symptomatic relief from pain.
Dr. Kakkar S.,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes an abscess
- Abscesses causes
- What is an abscess near testical
- What causes an abscess on my arm
- What is the cause and treatment for bartholins abscess
- What causes abscess in armpit
- What causes bartholins abscess
- What causes skin abscess
- What causes a reoccuring perirectal abscess
- What could cause puss filled with abscess