What causes painful red blisters on tonsils?
Inflammation/infection should be ruled out
Thanks for the query
I do understand your concern.
After going through the details I would like to rule out tonsillitis (may be bacterial/viral).
In tonsillitis the tonsils are enlarged,red and may be associated with ulcers and dilated veins.Throat pain and enlarged lymph nodes in neck region are common accompanying complaints.
I would suggest you to consult a pediatrician for clinical evaluation, investigations like throat swab (to find out the organism)and management accordingly.
Warm saline gargle,acetaminophen (to relieve pain) and antibiotics (in case of bacterial infection) provides relief.
I hope this helps
Please let me know if you have any more query
Wishing for your speedy recovery.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Red blisters causes
- Clustered, red blisters causes
- Red blister behind tonsil
- What causes the bleeding of red blister on tongue
- What causes red blisters in inner thighs
- What causes raised dry red blisters on the nose
- What is the cause for itchy wrist with red blisters
- What causes painswellingredness and red blisters on feet
- Painful red blisters under foreskin
- Red, red blisters causes
- What are the symptoms of poisoning in a child?
- Suggest treatment for severe cough and fever in a child
- What causes cough, fasciculation, nasal congestion and fever?
- Can an infant be fed with castor oil to cure colic?
- What causes painful red blisters on tonsils?
- Suggest remedy for neck swelling in a child
- Suggest remedy for constipation in children
- Suggest remedy for persistent dry cough and cold in a child
- Suggest remedy for severe fever and cough in a child
- Suggest remedy for headache, dizziness and vomiting