Ask a Urologist   »  

What causes painful penis and dry urethra?

Question
I received one opinion, but would like another. Pain at tip of penis. Penis tip often feels cold. Urethra feels like it is dry inside. Opening often sticks creating dual stream. No puss or outbreaks. Occasional sharp acute pain like a pin-prick in penis. I have herpes2, but no visible breakouts anywhere. tested negative for all other STD's. Had unprotected sex 6 months ago. Had some itching / pain that caused me concern, but seems to have gone away.
Posted Tue, 12 Aug 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Seems to be Urethritis.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Friend.
Welcome to HCM. I am Dr Anshul Varshney. I understand your concern.
The symptoms you are describing can be because of urethritis. However the cause of urethritis needs to be evaluated. This pain might develop as a result of ureteric stone and some times prostatitis.
In my opinion it is always better to be sure and take treatment after being sure.
I advice you following:
1. To get an Ultrasound Abdomen with Kidney and Urinary Bladder.
2. To get a urine routine and microscopy done.
If there is any local inflammation and redness please mention as it can also be due to a local fungal infection.
This is my best opinion for you.
If you have any further query feel free to ask me.
Stay Healthy.