What causes painful open sore on buttock?
Thanks for your query.
Yes, I would like have some information before answering your query. This will assist us both::
* For how much length of time you have got this problem?
* How was it started, I mean what were the symptoms in the initial period?
*Is there any problem related to your abdomen like indigestion, colitis or IBS ( irritable bowel syndrome)?
*What is the treatment have you taken? And if yes any results?
We have a facility that you can attache a nice photographs:
In my opinion, this is a condition of dermatitis in the intergluteal region.
The exact cause of this condition is not known, but this is treatable and can be cured.
It usually starts as a itch, particularly n summer season. This is probable due to inability to clean up this area nicely with water, retention of the sweat, soap and so on.
The itching causes small injuries and mild infection. The area may weep, gives fluidly secretion and causes more itching , particularly at night.
Patients starts using whatever ointments are available or suggested by friends, family or local Doctors. Feels good, but the disease remains there to recur or have vexing and vanning.
Many patients have some or the other problems with digestion or motion.
I do advise all such patients as follows::
-Clean the area with plain water as frequently as possible.
-Apply liquid Povidone Iodine locally to the whole area and allow it to dry.
No other ointments or lotions/ soaps / chemicals are needed.
-A small course of an antibiotic and Metronidazole for about 5 days ( you need a prescription please- of a local Doctor)
-This is basically a disorder due to deficiency of vitamins and minerals that the integrity of the skin is lost. So you have to have therapeutic dosage of Vitamin A and D and to continue as multivitamins which are available as anti-oxidant medicines for about a month or so.
_ we have seen the best results in almost all patients with this therapy- thanks again for the photograph for correlation.
Take care, get well soon and permanently.
I did see a doctor about feeling the urge to poop but when I go to the toilet nothing happens,the doctor indicated to me I am suffering with IBS.
I can take a photo of the area if you want to a photo.
needs rejuvenation of the skin
Thanks for your feedback.
This is recurrent because the healing was never complete and the integrity of the sin never regained.
You may get a complete cure if you follow what I have suggested.
If you can - post a photo attached to this query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What could cause reddening and slightly pain in buttocks
- What causes pain in right buttock and hip
- What causes pain in buttock
- Whats causing deep pain in my left buttock
- What causes soreness in the inside of my buttock
- What is the cause for hard painful buttock
- What is the cause of buttock pain with facet disease
- What causes abdominal pain after falling on the buttocks
- What causes red and sore buttock skin
- What could be the cause of pain in left buttocks
- Is testosterone injections safe to improve libido?
- Will scratching my finger with a nail post cause any infection?
- Will Tramadol help in having normal stools post colectomy?
- Why am I having severe eye pain and blurry vision after taking...
- What causes stomach pain and blood in stool?
- Can continuos cough be symptoms of whooping cough?
- Suggest treatment for Low testosterone level and High TSH level?
- Suggest treatment for bloating and difficulty in passing urine when...
- Ia it normal to have foot pain post bunion operation?
- What are the different treatment options for uncontrollable bowel...