What causes painful lump under nipple on left breast?

Posted on Thu, 30 Jul 2015 in Lump
Question: I woke up a day ago with a large lump under my nibble on my left breast it hurts so bad
Answered by Dr. Rishi 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It could be an inflammatory swelling or an abscess.

Detailed Answer:
Hello Mam,

If it has arisen suddenly and is hurting then it is most likely an inflammatory swelling or an abscess of some kind. I suggest you get it examined by a Surgeon at the earliest. It is very difficult to comment without examining it.
You might require a course of antibiotics and also might require a small surgery or a biopsy.
But all that can be said with certainty only after a Surgeon examines you.
I suggest you see your GP and take it from there.
I dont think there is any need to worry. It would be treated completely but only once you start the treatment.

Do let me know if there are any other queries.

Dr Rishi, New XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Rishi

General Surgeon