Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

What causes painful lump on tongue tip leading to difficulty in swallowing?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 784 Questions
There is a lump inside my tongue at the tip and it hurts to eat. Throat hurts to to swallow a bit.
Posted Fri, 17 Jan 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Prahlad Duggal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: history deos not favour cancer Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. Your history of one day does go in favour of anything related cancer. It goes more in favour of an inflammatory pathology. But many a times the patient becomes aware of a lesion suddenly but actually it exists there for some time. So, keeping in mind your HPV status and family history, please palpate that area with a finger and if the surrounding area is hard, consult an ENT so that to need to do a biopsy can be evaluated. Also, if marked pain is there and the area around is whitish, please use a local dental gel and hexidine mouth wash. If no improvement for few days, see an ENT. Feel free to ask another query. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor