What causes painful lump just below collar bone on right side?
CT scan and investigations are very important.
Thanks for your query and an elucidate history.
To Recapitulate: you have a developing painful lump just below collar bone on right side - progressing over 4 days - So painful that you can not take deep breath / or move right arm the wrong way - now have a lump.
May I please know a few more details please:
Any history of trauma ?
Any associated fever, chills, coughing ?
Any past history of tuberculosis or any other problems?
Coming back to the points:
This looks to be a developing or developed abscess.
I would advise you the following:
- Consult a General Surgeon / Go to ER
- You need a CT scan of the area, neck and chest to see whether there is liquefaction or not, whether there is associated extension to or from the bones/ lungs or any other structure to take further steps.
-Antibiotic and anti-inflammatory cover.
I hope this gives us an insight of the problem and until it is decided on CT do not allow them to put an incision or so.
- FNAC (fine needle aspiration cytology) can be performed and helps in diagnosis- if pus is aspirated it will be sent for gram staining, culture and sensitivity.
- If the aspirate is cellular it will be sent for histopathology.
I hope this answer helps you for a proper diagnosis and further management which is very important in lumps at such places.
Please feel free to ask further relevant queries if you need to or if you feel that there is a gap-of-communications.
The only other thing I have had out of ordinary is swelling in my lower legs knees and ankles, some days much worse than others. Always much better in the morning but back again at night to some degree or another.
The pain in my chest started Wednesday morning, I simply woke up with it and every day has gotten worse.
Raised area is noticeable to others too, not just me. Did not start out raised up like it is now.
Get the investigations and management as discussed.
Thanks for your feedback.
Your history noted,
The cause of the swelling in the lower limbs may not be associated with the present problems.
Please get the CT scan as all the management as already discussed.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pain in the collar bone during coughing
- Causes of a lump on collar bone
- Lump causing pain around collar bone
- What causes a knot on the collar bone
- Does cancer cause lump on collar bone
- Hard painless lump below the collar bone cause
- Collar bone pain causes
- What causes hard bump on right collar bone
- What causes pain in collar bone
- What causes a soar collar bone