What causes painful lump in scrotum?

Posted on Tue, 20 Oct 2015 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: i have a small hole that i beleived to have been a lump of some sort that has burst and is red and painful between my scrotum and anus. what could it be and how can i treat it?
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
anal abscess, clean and dry, pain killers and remain watchful.

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

I think in case its painful and there was pus that came out from it, it is possible that this should an abscess. the treatment for abscesses is generally drainage and use of pain killers in case of severe pain.

Lumps around the anal region as such are generally abscesses. The fact that it is burst and its contents emptied is a good thing.

For now, I suggest you keep the area clean and dry, wear mainly cotton under wears, use topical anti septics like Betadine and use simple pain killers like Anti Inflammatory drugs to reduce pain and inflammation. I think Ibuprofen and Simple Acetaminophen should be sufficient taken for a few days.

Thanks and kind regards as I wish you the best of health.
Please, do feel free asking further questions in case of need.
DR Bain.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain