What causes painful lump in breast tissue?
will need some evaluation
Thanks for following up.
At this point I think you need some evaluation. I had already said that possibility of benign disorder is highest at this age. But as now you have specifically mentioned immobile lump, we need to dig deeper.
From your other query I understand that you have already visited a doctor and was sent back with reassurance. That is, in fact, reassuring. But to have more clarity it will be prudent to get an ultrasound of the breast. It will give lot of info and if necessary we can go for a fine needle aspiration.
Hope this helps. I will be available for follow up.
It is possible but not what I would consider to be having high likelihood in a 21 yr old lady.
usually central parts
But upper outer quadrant is also possible, particularly if there is history of trauma to that area. This trauma may even be trivial and unrecognized at the time it happened.
it almost feels like a knot or nodule?
cancerous lump is usually hard, immobile, painless with or without changes in overlying skin like dimpling or orange peel appearance. But it requires palpation by experienced clinician. Difficult for patient herself to differentiate.
pea size lumps are usually XXXXXXX
probably you are not able to ascertain the mobility properly, which is quite natural. A doctor will be able to assess it properly.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pain in breast
- Painful breast lump causes
- Causes dense breast tissue
- What causes painful lump in breast surounding the nipple
- Can intake of lialda cause painful lumps in the breast
- Lumps in breast burning pain in nipples cause
- What causes lump in the breast under areola area
- What causes painful lump in breast
- What causes breast lump in children
- What causes lumps in breasts