Ask a Dentist   »  

What causes painful lesions at the back of throat?

Excellent
Question
my throat is killing me, at the roof of my mouth its yellow with little bumps going back into my throat and its kind of swollen, i have bumps in the bottom of my mouth they are painless my cheeks inside are swollen amd its irritating and my mouth keeps getting real moist and i have to spit all the time, what could this be??
& my my mouth has a red ring around it? never lick my lips for a ring to be around them its just there ? whqt could this be? and i never had this before until my mouth started to inflame and my.....
Posted Wed, 20 Aug 2014 in Dental Health

Answered by Dr. Anshumala Singh 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Details required

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome.
Thanks for sharing your concern.

After going through the history and photographs, of the lesion posted here.It appears to be a viral infection.But it could be a Mucocoel,a pharyngitis or a sexually transmitted disease too.Since you have not mentioned about its onset,I would require following details to suggest better in this regard.Please answer them.
1.Since when do you have these bumps in your mouth?
2.Did you ever had them before,even one or two bumps?Are you on any medication presently?
3.Do you have history of exposure or intimate relationship?
4.Do you have these lesions anywhere else in any body parts too?
5.Do you have any habits?

Awaiting response.
Thanks.

Follow-up: What causes painful lesions at the back of throat? 42 minutes later
i have habits of biting my lips and cheeks and stuff no i never had this is just came up like a couple weeks ago the bumps dont hurt at all and it only ah couple in my bottom lip i never had no exposure in a relationship idk how this appeared at all . idk my mouth just becomes inflamed and my throat geets real dry . i dont have anything else anywhere

Answered by Dr. Anshumala Singh 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
visit to ENT specialist

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome.
Thanks for reply.

Please do not get worried it appears to be viral infection. You must see your ENT specialist and get prescribed for an antiviral course.

Do not stress yourself, viral has its own course and it should heal.

Please maintain good oral hygiene and do warm saline rinses twice daily. Take plenty of fluids and nutritious diet. Avoid lip biting or cheek biting as it can aggravate the symptoms.

Let me know for further doubts.
Thanks.