What causes painful lesion around genital area?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2016
Mar 2016

OBGYN
Question
what is this bump? It hurts when I touch it.
Posted Fri, 8 Aug 2014 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
MOSTLY SEBACEOUS CYST.

Detailed Answer:

I have reviewed your attached image. It is mostly suggestive of sebaceous cyst (due to blocked sebaceous gland) or Folliculitis (due to infected hair follicle).

I suggest to consult with your physician or dermatologist for clinical examination to confirm the diagnosis. It may require surgical removal.

Until then, you should take one course of antibiotic, apply anti-bacterial cream, maintain genital hygiene, do hot fomentation, avoid chemical product around genital region and wear clean cotton underwear.

Kindly, visit to your doctor and procure complete prescription.

Hope, this information is quite helpful to you. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query.

Wish your good health and take care yourself.

Dr Soumen

For future query, you can directly approach me through

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=63326