Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

What causes painful lesion around genital area?

Mar 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2011
Answered : 4047 Questions
what is this bump? It hurts when I touch it.
Posted Fri, 8 Aug 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing to us.

I have reviewed your attached image. It is mostly suggestive of sebaceous cyst (due to blocked sebaceous gland) or Folliculitis (due to infected hair follicle).

I suggest to consult with your physician or dermatologist for clinical examination to confirm the diagnosis. It may require surgical removal.

Until then, you should take one course of antibiotic, apply anti-bacterial cream, maintain genital hygiene, do hot fomentation, avoid chemical product around genital region and wear clean cotton underwear.

Kindly, visit to your doctor and procure complete prescription.

Hope, this information is quite helpful to you. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query.

Wish your good health and take care yourself.

Dr Soumen

For future query, you can directly approach me through
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor