What causes painful legs from thigh to knee?
Thank you for posting your query on HCM.
Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that since you dont give any history of swelling iof any joint is very unlikely to be arthritis . A lot of causes an give rise to such complaints . Metabolic deficicencies remian the primary cause as your family doctor has suggested .
I will advise you to get Calcium , vitamin D levels , Vitamin B 12 levels , CPK , Serum TSH , T3 , T4 levels and Rheumatoid factor as preliminary investigations. If all these are normal there is nothing to worry otherwise deficiency needs to be treated . You can get back to me after these reports . Its better to get these levels done before any kind of supplements .
Plus if you have weight gain then also it can lead to all these problems so try to lose weight in case you are over weight .
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pain and swelling in thighs and knees
- Swollen knees and thighs cause
- What causes thigh pain post a knee replacement surgery
- Thigh and leg pain causes
- What causes red blotchy thighs and knees and
- What causes pain in knee joints and thighs
- Severe pain in the knees and thighs cause
- What causes recurring shooting pain on thighs and knees
- Noticed bruises on legs knees feet and thighs cause
- What causes pain in legs knees inner thigh and buttocks