What causes painful leg cramps in an elderly person?

Posted on Thu, 13 Jul 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I am a 63 year-old female. I have a leg cast on that goes to mid-thigh, as I fractured my Tibia a month ago. I cannot apply pressure to my right leg at all, and am laid-up at home. However, all day today, I have been suffering from severe and excruciating painful leg cramps. HOW do I stop them?
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You must contact them at the earliest!

Detailed Answer:
I can understand your concern,

You must contact the orthopedic team at this point. Severe pain may signal compressed blood vessels with insufficient blood supply to the leg.

We cannot waste any more time but to allow this to be fully evaluated and managed accordingly. Seeing the orthopedic team is not optional but mandatory at this time.

In unequivocal terms, please call the orthopedic team for assessment and management. A stitch in time saves nine.

I wish you well and await your updates.
Kind regards

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Chobufo Ditah